Sunday 22 January 2017

What I learnt from filming

When filming our film opening, 'UNTAMED' I learnt new techniques to express the correct genre through the types of shots I used. Before doing my research, I did not realise that handheld camera shots created a more realistic feel to the film, making the audience feel as though they are a part of the scene. I decided to use the hand held technique when following Holly when she was running down the street to create a more chaotic mood because the shot didn't focus on a specific object or place.
I also learnt that using close-up shots in a scene makes the scene more intimate and professional as the audience are able to see the characters facial expressions. I used these close up shots at the start when Aubrey was walking down the street and then drunk from her bottle. This gave the audience a good chance to see what the character's face looked like, see her facial expressions and become familiar with her character. I believed these shots helped in making the film opening look more professional and interesting as I included a variety of shots.
Another type of filming that I had learnt about and used when creating this opening sequence were Pan shots. These consist of a shot this if filmed at all one level but follow the character across the location. I used this shot when filming Holly walking down the street because it gave the impression that that is what the neighbours would see out of their windows. I am glad that I used this shot because it made this scene seem more fast pace compared to the start of the sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment